16 Feb Our Top 5 Activities to Keep Kids Busy This Half Term
Need ideas for how to keep children busy this half term? Anglia Square is open for essential shopping and has everything you need to keep the whole family entertained all week long!
Here’s our list of top 5 things to do to have fun and keep busy this half term:
- Plan a scavenger hunt.
- Take on the Prince of Wales’ Nature challenge.
- Have a family bake off.
- Go on a virtual day trip.
- Have a pamper day.
1. It’s important for children to stay active this half term and planning a scavenger hunt is a great, free way to get outside and exercise whilst still having fun. Write a list of things to spot in your garden or local park and make it a competition to see who finds the most. You can make it even more exciting by grabbing some prizes from Anglia Square for the winner!
2. Whilst you’re outside, why not join in with the Prince of Wales’ nature challenge, which encourages children to explore nature by setting 6 daily tasks ranging from planting seeds to decorating pebbles and stones. Pick up all the arts and crafts supplies you’ll need for a week of fun at Poundland!
3. Baking with children is a great way to get them involved in the kitchen. Why not coincide with Pancake day (16th February) and have a pancake bake off! Check out our recipe here and visit QD and Robert Brand Fruits for your pancake mix and toppings.
4. Step back in time with a virtual day trip with Norfolk museums! Explore Norwich Castle from the comfort of your own home and keep the fun going with their craft workshops. Don’t forget to grab some snacks from Iceland to keep the learning going all day.
5. End the week with a pamper day. Get the kids ready to start a new school term by making bath time fun! Pick up fun pineapple and unicorn bath bombs and face masks from Savers and create your own at home spa!
We want to see how you spend your half term! Tag us in your photos of your bakes and crafts on social media for a chance to be featured on our page!