26 Nov Perfectly Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Brussel Sprouts. Some of you can’t get enough of them, others turn up their noses in disgust. Love them or hate them, one thing is for sure, Christmas wouldn’t be the same without them!
We’ve scoured the internet looking at various recipes to find the ultimate Brussels dish that will get everyone coming back to the table for more.
This recipe is cheesy, with a hint of garlic and oh so morish! Head to Robert Brand Fruits to pick up a bag of the freshest sprouts in town!
You will need:
Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Start with cleaning and trimming the Brussels sprouts. Then halve the bigger Brussels sprouts. Leave smaller sprouts whole but cut a cross symbol through the stem.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet or in a roasting tin.
- Cover with a splash of olive oil (be generous)
- Add the garlic slices
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan (add as much as your heart desires!) and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 20 minutes- ensuring they are golden.
- Scatter some more parmesan and serve.
For added depth and flavour you could include some fried pancetta or bacon (which you could find at Peter’s Family Butcher) or top with some roasted pine nuts for a rich nutty taste!
Let us know how you get on and don’t forget to tag us in your images @angliasq!