14 Apr Lockdown in the Sunshine!
How are you coping with your loved ones during the lockdown? If like us, you’re running out of things to do, well fear not! Anglia Square have created a list of some great things you can do during lockdown, and enjoy the sunny weather at the same time!
1) Create your own obstacle course
Been watching Joe Wicks P.E. lessons every morning? Or need a way to blow off some steam after being cooped up in the house? Then why not create your own obstacle course! You can use anything you’ve got in the house or see what bits you can get on your essential shop, to create a fun mini-track inside and out. Some of our own ideas include:
- Use a skipping rope (like the ones here, for just £1)
- Draw chalk circles to jump into or use hula hoops
- Play the floor is lava using towels
- crawl through an outdoor tunnel
- go down the slide
- throw the hoop over the cones
2) Colouring in Norwich
Artist Lucie Knights has created a fun downloadable, and free children’s colouring book of Norfolk, for you to enjoy! Download yours here and don’t forget to get some great colouring in bits! Fun things to colour in within the book include:
- Norwich Cathedral
- a design your own Norwich FC football shirt
- beach huts at Wells-Next-The-Sea (we’re dreaming of the seaside too, Lucie)
- the Royal Arcade
- and many more!
3) Make your own ice cream with ingredients from Robert Brand and Iceland
Making your own ice cream and ice lollies is extremely easy, and perfect to do in this hot weather during lockdown!
Homemade Ice Cream
- Get some tasty bananas from Robert Brand and pop them in the freezer
- Once frozen, whiz them up in a blender with a splash of Blossoms honey from Iceland and vanilla essence.
- Voila! To make extra tasty ice cream you can add cocoa powder, peanut butter or strawberries for a variety of flavours!
4) A homemade Treasure hunt (in the house or garden)
Did the Easter Egg hunt leave a lasting impression? Why not create the kids their own Treasure Hunt with different clues, maps, and treasure of course! You could even begin with designing your own pirate flag and hat first!
- Create the treasure map by deciding where you want X to make the spot!
- Make some fun and rhyming clues
- Create some obstacles, what about swimming through the sea in this £29.99 family fun light up pool from QD Stores
- What will the treasure be? Remote control racing cars from QD Stores (for only £2.99!), homemade banana ice cream, or even a cuddle, you choose!
5) Get growing your own produce
This Spring weather is perfect to get started on your very own herb garden, getting some delicious home grown veggies, or simply brightening up the house with some flowers. Whatever it is you fancy, don’t forget you can get helpful gardening bits and bobs from QD Stores online and don’t forget your Hayfever relief from Boots and Savers too!
We love to grow:
- Parsley, chives and basil in a cute teacup like this one from QD for just £9.99
- Juicy tomatoes in our greenhouse, you can buy your own mini-greenhouse from QD Stores
- Tulips and Rosemary are the perfect combination in our garden borders too! So make sure to stock up on compost, 60 litres for just £6.99!